Pet Lending Rules
When requesting to join TDN's pet lending chains, we have a few conditions that you need to agree to before you can submit your application.
- You are expected to be familiar with the process of chain lending - please read through our Pet Chain Lending Procedure page before you apply.
- You may enter a maximum of 4 pet chains each month. Even if you have more transfers per month, you will still be limited to 4 chains. You must select the specific chains you wish to be in for the month. We will not add you to random chains off a large list.
- If you do not have room for the pet on the day you are set to accept, you will be removed from the chain in question. You may apply to be in the chain at a later date if this happens.
- As no collateral can be accepted for pets, whether or not an individual is lent a pet is based purely on trust.
- You must have an account on TDN Forums to apply for these chains. We take your post count there, as well as your current avatar count on Neopets, to help us decide if we want to lend to you. People with under 25 posts OR under 150 avatars will be automatically rejected for pet lending. Once you pass those targets, its a balance of the two factors - a higher avatar count can offset a low post count and vice versa. For example, to be lent with a base post count of 25 you will need to have over 200 avatars already unlocked.
- Please do not spam to increase your post count. Spamming will affect your ability to join the pet lending chains.
- Additionally, your Neopets account must be at least 4 months old. This is Neopets' rule, rather than ours specifically, as your account must be that old before you can use the transfer function.
- 'Vouches' are illegitimate unless the voucher is a well known member of TDN.
- We do take your forums warn level into account when you apply to join a chain; if your warn level is raised it is very unlikely that you will be approved for pet lending.
- While the basis of pet lending is free, fees imposed by the Neopian Pound (1,000 NP to transfer and varied amounts to adopt) are to paid by the prospective lendees.
- As always, final decisions are made by the owners of the ALP. Arguing with the decision of a staff member will not increase chances of borrowing a pet.